I recently came across an article and some pictures about this place in Jukkasarvi, Sweden. I have heard of it and seen it on television, but I had never actually witnessed true and detailed pictures along with so much information explaining it. The place I am speaking of is called Sweden Icehotel. Though this is not necessarily a very creative name, don't let it fool you. This thought of an "icehotel" is anything but normal. The hotel is located 120 miles north of the Arctic Circle. The room temperature is 23 degrees. The walls, beds, chairs, light fixtures, even the glasses used in the bar are made of ice. You can't unpack your clothes because they'd freeze, and the thought of getting out of your sleeping bag to go down the hall to the toilet is enough to keep you awake all night.
Though these conditions are quite extreme and seem more than unpleasant (at least to me!), thousands of people venture to the Sweden Icehotel every year! This year it has 60 rooms and 25 fully decorated suites. These rooms cost anywhere from $291 a night to $653 a night! And to think, to to freeze your buns off and sleep on ice!
Here is one of the fully decorated suites! This is quite crazy and very detailed in the ice sculpting. Bet not many people can say they have slept in an ice bed or experienced anything, even remotely close, to this!
And, of course, being in Sweden, you wouldn't expect anything else less than a lavish Absolut Vodka Bar!
This is quite the unusual place! Even though I am not a fan of cold weather, especially not 23 degree sleeping weather, I definitely think it would be a cool place to visit if I were ever in the neighborhood. Who wouldn't want to say they have seen/stayed in an icehotel? Honestly!
That's all for today! Stay tuned for next week's post! I will be venturing to VEGAS!!! So you know I will have some good information and pictures! Enjoy!



2 comments:
It's not to late to pack me in your suitcase:) You're mom told me I could take Wes' place. Haha!
I have seen pictures of this place before and I really want to go there. I think its so interesting and would be really fun, even though I would FREEZE! Hope you are having a blast in Vegas!!
Post a Comment